JOY



Hello & Happy Tuesday!

About 5 days ago, I challenged myself to write "a blog a day" along with many other bloggers for the month of August... Well... I haven't written one since August 1st! SMH (Shaking my head)

So, I'm getting back on track! Life happens, and although my initial thought after I failed to post on day two was to quit, I won't! (Go me!!)

Today, I was inspired by a fellow Twitter-Sister Shari and her blog post on friends (What's a girl to do when she has beautiful friends? ). Her post was real and relevant; typical "women stuff". After reading it, I began thinking about life and lots of other things... Today's post reflects my thoughts! Enjoy!

As women we have the naughty habit of comparing ourselves to other women; those we know and those we don't. These comparisons can be very stressful especially when we are comparing ourselves to people that we don't know; like sister-friends that we interact with on social networks. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've fallen victim to this bad habit... I'll see someone online and think to myself "Wow, she's really got her stuff together! Great career or budding entrepreneur, great relationship, cute kids..." And those internal thoughts can go on and on and on and on... (You get the picture).

Well, the fact of the matter is no one has it all together! As much as we all try to make it work and look good, everyone of us has issues; some BIG, some small. Whatever the issues, be it: relationship issues, financial issues, career issues, school issues, home issues, family issues, life purpose issues, hair issues, skin issues, feet issues, insecurities, etc... (You get the picture - Smile).

If we allow these negative thoughts and comparisons to take root and began to control us we'll never be content in life. There will always be another woman who looks better, cooks better, has better hair, drives a nicer car, has a bigger house, has cuter kids, has a nicer husband, has more education, has more money, has cuter clothes & shoes, has a better handbag, has softer hair, has longer hair, has better nails, cuter feet, etc... (You get the picture). What we have to do is count the blessings that we do have, instead of counting the ones that we don't. Just the simple fact that most of us can turn on the faucet and have clean drinking water is a blessing (one that we often take for granted).

Allow yourself to be inspired, by other women, but never envious. Envy will lead to comparison, which in turn can lead to depression and motivation for the wrong reasons. God created all of us for a specific purpose. Embrace your life, gifts and talents. Be inspired, don't beat yourself down. If you ever feel that little comparison thief rising up, speak out loud against it! Say something like "It's awesome to see her doing so well, if she can do great things I know I can".

Be Inspired, to inspire another. LoveLIFE! XO 

1 comment:

  1. This was AWESOME!!! Just the reminder I need to help me stay encouraged and on track with what God has for me... Don't look to left and don't look to the right; keep your eyes on your path.

    Mel B.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER